This recipe is incredibly easy to make and has tons of flavor, The sweet heat sure to satisfy any palette. Garnish with sunflower seeds, green onion, and/or starfruit to an extra kick of flavor!
- Preparation Time: 30 min.
- Cook Time: 30 min.
- Cuisine: Asian
- Servings: 3-4
- 2 cups of pearly sticky white rice (prepare first)
- 1 lb. of ground pork
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- sunflower seeds
- starfruit, sliced
- Gochujang Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- 1/2 cup miso paste (white)
- 1/4 cup of cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. of mirin or dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
1Start by preparing rice first. Use the instructions on the label.
2Cook ground pork over medium, and stir frequently, until throughly cooked.
3Sauté red bell peppers and 2 cloves of garlic, in 2 tbsp of olive oil.
4Add all ingredients for the Gochujang sauce in a small saucepan and cook over low heat until all ingredients are melded, and the sauce starts to thicken.
5Combine Gochujang sauce to pork and mix until coated.
6Layer rice, peppers, pork in a small bowl.
7Garnish with green onion, sunflower seeds, or starfruit.