Spinach and mushroom tortellini with scratch alfredo sauce! My grandpa used to have a saying about delicious food… “Make your tongue slap your brain silly!” This was one for the books. Delish!
- Preparation Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 4
- Cheese stuffed tortillini (frozen section)
- 1 lb. hot breakfast sausage (browned)
- 1/2 cup of steamed spinach
- 1/4 cup of mushrooms (sautéed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and cumin)
- 1/2 cup of Italian cheese blend (shredded)
- 1/2 cup of butter (whole stick)
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese
1Boil 8 cups of water. Add splash of olive oil and dash of salt to water.
2Brown sausage in skillet; set aside.
3Sauté mushrooms; add spinach and cook thoroughly; set aside.
4Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
5Combine cream cheese, flour, garlic, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk briskly.
6Pour combination into sauce pan over medium heat, and gradually pour heavy cream into sauce pan; gently whisk during process.
7Add Italian cheese and mix until smooth; set aside.
8Drain tortellini and toss in bowl with sauce.
9Top with alfredo mixture spinach/mushroom mixture, pork, and grated parmesan.